Buying a Home
What an emotional roller coaster you have been on. You have searched high and low and you have finally found it – your dream home. Now comes all of the formal processes of buying a home, hoops you must jump through. This can be a tricky time, there is a lot of information that must be gathered, inspected and approved before you can finally own your new home.
So, what is the next step in buying your house? Find a solicitor that will help you navigate the ins and outs of the conveyancing process. You want someone on your side who will ensure that building and pest inspections have been completed and that there is no issue with the title itself.
In addition, there are a few questions you should think about before beginning your purchase:
- Where is the house (property) located?
- Will there be one or more people listed as owners of the property?
- If there are 2 or more people listed as owners, will it be as joint tenants or tenants in common (in which case you need to consider the value of each person’s share).
- What is your desired settlement date? (If you are selling your current house to purchase a new one, you may need to take many factors into account to determine this date.)
- Have you made arrangements for financing?
- If you are a first time home buyer, have you looked into any concessions you may be eligible for?
Your solicitor will be able to walk you through each of these questions, and more, to ensure a desirable outcome.
Buying a house doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Let our team help smooth out the process so you can get into your dream home faster.
Would you benefit from talking to Patrick Sheridan for 10 minutes to resolve your most immediate conveyancing questions? Patrick will review your situation and give you the practical advice you need right now.
The answer will help determine the best course of action for you, your family and your future.
Ask Patrick your questions today.