Find us

6/11 Prince of Wales Avenue South West Rocks,
PO Box 16 South West Rocks NSW 2431

T 02 6566 6250

Level 1 22 Belgrave Street Kempsey
PO Box 161 Kempsey NSW 2440

T 02 6562 3300

Family Law Consent Orders

If you are going through a separation, it is always beneficial if you can reach an amicable resolution with your former partner or spouse. The court system takes a lot of time, money, and stress that you can mitigate by coming to a decision together.

The Family Court can make “orders by consent” if both parties are agreeable. The Family Court will review the equitable-ness of the financial details, division of assets, as well as the care and welfare of children.

If children are involved, the court will also closely review whether the agreement is in the best interest of the child.

If the Family Court approves the consent orders they must be complied with. Breaching the terms can result in a variety of court-decided consequences.

It is also important to note that changes can be made to existing Family Court orders if your circumstances change.

If you require assistance in a separation contact us to negotiate consent orders or assist you with making changes to current orders.